(The details of Round 2 will be announced in due course. Stay tuned!)
To further engage our secondary school readers, Science Focus is launching a brand new Instagram Photo Competition. Local secondary school students are encouraged to submit photos, with a caption in 100-200 words, to share interesting scientific stories. Through this competition, we hope to spark curiosity, and spread scientific knowledge to a wide audience.
School of Science, HKUST
Secondary school students in Hong Kong
Theme (Round 1)
6 May 2019 at 23:59
How to Submit Your Entry?
1. Follow our Instagram account (@sciencefocus.hkust)
2. Post a photo with a caption in 100-200 words (in English) on the theme, and add hashtags #hkustsciencefocus and #hkustscifogreen
3. Tag 3 friends that you want him/her to read your post!
4. Inbox us with the following information through Instagram Direct:
- Photo in your post
- Caption in your post
- Screen capture of your post
- A copy/photo of your student ID
- Photography skills
- Relevance to science
- Accuracy of scientific knowledge
- Language proficiency
- The champion will be awarded an instant camera, a certificate and a gift pack.
- Two merit award winners will each receive a HK$100 coffee card, a certificate and a gift pack.
- Results will be announced via Science Focus’ Instagram and website on or before 1 May 2019. Winners will be contacted through Instagram Direct.
Terms & Conditions
- Each entrant must provide a copy or photo of his/her student ID to show that he/she is a local secondary school student in the 2018-19 academic year.
- Entrants are welcome to join the competition with his/her public or private Instagram account.
- Each entrant can submit up to three entries for each round.
- No restriction on shooting devices
- No restriction on aspect ratio
- Photo retouching and editing are allowed.
- Captions should be written in English, in 100-200 words.
- Same photo/caption can only be entered into the competition once. Resubmission to the next round is not allowed.
- Submitted photos must be original. The entrant must hold the copyright the photos, and be responsible for the portrait rights of his/her entries.
- A confirmation message will be sent to the successful entrants via Instagram Direct.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to transfer the copyright and publication rights of your entry to the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST), thus granting us full rights in editing, modifying and publishing your submitted photo(s) and caption(s). We may post the winning entries on our Instagram, or use them for other promotional purposes.
Results & Prizes
- Results will be announced via Science Focus’ Instagram and website within one month after the deadline. Winners will be contacted through Instagram Direct.
- The deadline of the competition may be extended, and/or the number of awards may be adjusted according to the number of entries.
- All matters and disputes are subject to the final decision of the School of Science, HKUST.
- For any enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.